If you are reading this, then you are considering the detox program that has been successfully used with the Shaklee products for over 20 years. This is a program that was developed by Linda Prosak. This is an excerpt from the complete bio (available on request).
“Linda and her husband, Dr. Darwin M. Prosak, have been Leaders in nutrition for over 20 years. Dr. Prosak has degrees in Chiropractic, Clinical Nutrition, Bio-nutrition, and Acupuncture. He has recommended proper nutrition and high quality supplements since 1975.”
A good detox program not only enables the body to function more efficiently, but fat loss efforts – no matter how much or how little – are much more successful. In addition, many other health issues are remedied due to the connection of a healthy digestion to the body’s total health. If the body is unable to absorb nutrition due to being “clogged up” with unusable waste accumulated from toxins from medication, pollution, poor diet, lack of water consumption etc. many health issues will occur ranging from mild to life threatening. Effective weight loss & the energy that comes from a healthy body is impossible unless this waste is cleaned out of the body. This can be done gradually or quickly depending on your health goals & daily lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your efforts:
- 1. The overall plan is drinking protein drinks, using food supplements to maximize nutrition & results & developing a habit of eating cleaner with fresh foods as well as drinking A LOT of water. If you are detoxing for longer than a week, as each week progresses you will add new foods, but stay away from all foods that are not fresh (no boxed, frozen, packaged or premade foods).
- 2. Affirmations – this is a statement that takes a goal & makes it a present tense reality, i.e. “I make healthy choices & I have great energy throughout my day”. Have fun with this. Be creative & put energy into the words you use. Put them all over your house & car. These statements help you see yourself doing the habits that will KEEP you healthy.
- 3. Support is important. Don’t do this secretly. Let those who are positive influences in your life know what you are doing & what your goal is. Encourage a friend, spouse or family member to do it with you. If you do not have anyone to help you with this or you just have questions, e-mail Stephanie Avellino at Stephanie@renuconsulting.com.
- 4. Commit. It is important to know why you want to do a detox. What health benefits do you hope to achieve? Why would this be helpful to you? How would it affect your life, your daily work, fitness & personal goals?
Designing My Plan:
___ Detoxing how many weeks (1 – 8)
___ Detox nutrients
- Optiflora (probiotic)
- DTX (especially if you have been on medications or drink alcohol)
___ Exercise 10 minutes every morning
___ More than 8 glasses of water a day (64+ oz)
___ Incorporating more raw foods in my diet. If so, which ones & how often?
___ Eating "clean" - no packaged, prepared & refined foods.
___ Choose Your Nutrition Supplements – I plan to use the following supplements:
- Smoothies (pick assorted flavors or just one favorite)
- Vita-Lea (multi-vitamin)
- Energy Tea
- Metabolic Boost
Write down the answers to these questions in your journal:
- What exercise do I plan to do, when & how often?
- Who have I told/plan to tell what I am doing & how they can support me?
- What do I want to get out of this?
- What is my personal plan for reaching my goals?
- What are my 3 affirmations?