If you are reading this, then you are considering the cleanse program that has been successfully used for over 20 years and has been adapted individually to my clients for over 16 years. This is a program that was developed by Dr. Darwin and Linda Prosak. This is an excerpt from the complete bio (available on request).
“Linda and her husband, Dr. Darwin M. Prosak, have been Leaders in nutrition for over 20 years. Dr. Prosak has degrees in Chiropractic, Clinical Nutrition, Bio-nutrition, and Acupuncture. He has recommended proper nutrition and high quality supplements since 1975.”
A good cleanse program not only enables the body to function more efficiently, but fat loss efforts – no matter how much or how little – are much more successful. In addition, many other health issues are remedied due to the connection of a healthy digestion to the body’s total health. Proper absorption of nutrition is not only prevented by unusable waste accumulated from toxins from medication, pollution, poor diet, lack of water and exercise, but many health issues will occur ranging from mild to life threatening. Effective weight loss & the energy, focus, strength and mental health that comes from a healthy body is impossible unless the body is supported in its efforts to remove toxins and properly absorb nutrients. This can be done gradually or quickly depending on your health goals & daily lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your efforts:
- 1. The overall plan is drinking smoothies & using food supplements to maximize nutrition & results while developing a habit of eating cleaner with fresh foods as well as drinking A LOT of water. If you are detoxing for longer than a week, as each week progresses you will add new foods, but stay away from all foods that are not fresh (no boxed, frozen, packaged or premade foods).
- 2. Affirmations – this is a statement that takes a goal & makes it a present tense reality, i.e. “I make healthy choices & I have great energy & focus throughout my day”. Have fun with this. Be creative & put energy into the words you use. Some of my clients choose Bible verses, some use quotes from those they admire or poetry. "The wisdom of kindness is on my tongue" or "I earn respect & enjoy healthy relationships by treating others the way I want to be treated". This isn't about wishful thinking, but about changing how you see yourself in order to make lifestyle changes rather than short term changes.
- 3. Support is important. Don’t do this secretly. Let those who are positive influences in your life know what you are doing & what your goal is. Encourage a friend, spouse or family member to do it with you. If you do not have anyone to help you with this or you just have questions, e-mail Stephanie Avellino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4. Commit. It is important to know why you want to do a cleanse. What health benefits do you hope to achieve? Why would this be helpful to you? How would it affect your life, your daily work, fitness & personal efforts and long term hopes?
Designing My Plan: (check those you plan to commit to)
___ Choose how many weeks (1 – 8)
___ Detox nutrients
- Optiflora (probiotic)
- DTX (especially if you have been on medications or drink alcohol)
___ Exercise 10 minutes every morning
___ More than 8 glasses of water a day (64+ oz)
___ Incorporating more raw foods in my diet. If so, which ones & how often?
___ Eating "clean" - no packaged, prepared & refined foods.
___ Choose Your Nutrition Supplements – I plan to use the following supplements:
- Smoothies (pick assorted flavors or just one favorite)
- Vita-Lea (multi-vitamin)
- Energy Tea (green, red & white tea mix for healthy energy & focus)
- Metabolic Boost
- B-Complex (click here for list of health benefits)
- Lecithin (for liver health and fat metabolism)
Write down the answers to these questions in your journal:
- What exercise do I plan to do, when & how often?
- Who have I told/plan to tell what I am doing & how they can support me?
- What do I want to get out of this?
- What is my personal plan for reaching my goals?
- What are my 3 affirmations?